Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Books!

The only cookbooks I left on my "go-to" shelf  besides my home-made binders that I keep in the pantry of my own recipes for daily use.  What's on your bookshelf?
Well, it is time to find a new home for our old cookbooks that call for eggs, meat, oil, butter, cheese, etc. in almost every recipe.  Out of the several dozen cookbooks I have collected over the past 30 years or so, these in the photo are the ones I am keeping in a convenient location.  I haven't decided where to store the others--I want to keep them just a little longer as reference.  Like in an attic or basement (neither of which we have).  But honestly, I haven't opened one up in the past year or more since I developed most of the recipes on the blog.  Usually I can find what I need on the internet when researching how to make something like Corn Chowder and then fix it to be plant-based.  Is that what you do?
You know what really annoys me though?  Most vegan cookbooks have recipes with a lot of fat.  Geez Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment